Professional Nursing (RN) or Advanced Standing LPN Track
Associate of Science (AS) - 64 credits
Become an RN! Apply to the professional nursing associate of science (AS) program at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN. You’ll get training to become an RN. After you earn your professional nursing AS degree you can take the (NCLEX-RN / National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses). Pass the test and become an RN! Our nursing programs start with the basics. First our students study theory and do clinical course work in a lab setting on campus. Then they work in a clinical environment such as local hospitals or long-term care facilities. We have two nursing programs. Choose the one that best fits the type of prior health care education you’ve had.
Lake Superior College has a partnership with The College of St. Scholastica where you can start your Baccalaureate in Nursing while you are in your final nursing semester.
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
Plan Your Education
Starting Fall 2023, BIOL1170 Microbiology will be a prerequisite. This course needs to be completed PRIOR to starting the nursing program. Please discuss with the LSC advisors.
Updates have been made to admission requirements and/or pre-program course work for Fall of 2023. Please see an advisor for changes.
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.
View approximate total tuition and fees for MN residents to complete this degree.Tuition and Fees
The RN degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
After you graduate, with your AS degree, you can apply take your NCLEX-RN exam and become an RN. You can also get a bachelor’s degree in nursing from another college or university.
Skills & Knowledge
- Learn how to adapt to many different roles as a nurse within your career and within the health system
- Combine critical thinking with evidence based medicine to provide safe and competent care to all people
- Meet the health care needs of diverse people in all stages of development and at any point in the health/illness continuum and across their lifespans
- Provide care that reflects the ethics and values of the nursing profession
- Be mindful of each person’s inherent worth and dignity
Lake Superior College’s Associate of Science Nursing Programs are approved by the MN Board of Nursing. The Associate of Science Nursing Program at Lake Superior College located in Duluth, MN is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
Most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate of Science Nursing program is Continuing Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program.
Health > Health
- Dental Hygiene Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 82 credits
- Massage Therapy Diploma - 37 credits
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate - 24 credits
- Medical Laboratory Technician Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 67 credits
- Phlebotomy Certificate - 9 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant - Military Bridge Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Practical Nursing Diploma - 40 credits
- Professional Nursing Associate of Science (AS) - 64 credits
- Radiologic Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 78 credits
- Respiratory Therapy Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 78 credits
- Surgical Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits