Become an RN! Apply to the professional nursing associate of science (AS) program at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN. You’ll get training to become an RN. After you earn your professional nursing AS degree you can take the (NCLEX-RN / National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses). Pass the test and become an RN! Our nursing programs start with the basics. First our students study theory and do clinical course work in a lab setting on campus. Then they work in a clinical environment such as local hospitals or long-term care facilities. We have 2 nursing programs. Choose the one that best fits the type of prior health care education you’ve had.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Learn how to adapt to many different roles as a nurse within your career and within the health system
- Combine critical thinking with evidence based medicine to provide safe and competent care to all people
- Meet the health care needs of diverse people in all stages of development and at any point in the health/illness continuum and across their lifespans
- Provide care that reflects the ethics and values of the nursing profession
- Be mindful of each person’s inherent worth and dignity
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
Tuition & Fees
The RN degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
After you graduate, with your AS degree, you can apply take your NCLEX-RN exam and become an RN. You can also get a bachelor’s degree in nursing from another college or university.
Nursing Admissions Process
Program Entry and Clinical Forms
NCLEX Pass Rates
NCLEX Job Placement
TEAS (ATI TEAS) test registration info
Program completion statistics
Initial Licensure as RN or LPN by state U.S. Department of Education Regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (A)(5)(V)
The Nursing A.S. Program and the Nursing A.S./Advanced Standing LPN Track Program are approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
If you have questions or concerns, please contact:
3343 Peachtree Rd NE Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
404-975-5000 or http://acenursing.org.