Diploma - 40 credits
Are you a nursing assistant who wants to become a nurse? If so, the practical nursing program at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN is for you! The practical nursing program is a two semester program of study. Before you can apply to the program, there are some courses that are required. Check the program planner for details. After you complete the program, you can take the NCLEX-PN (National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses) to get your license to be a nurse.View Catalog or Request Info
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.
View approximate total tuition and fees for MN residents to complete this degree.Tuition and Fees
The nurse degree may be completed in 1 year if prerequisites are complete.
Skills & Knowledge
- Learn how to adapt to many different roles as a nurse within your career and within the health system
- Combine critical thinking with evidence based medicine to provide safe and competent care to all people
- Provide care that reflects the ethics and values of the nursing profession
Once you graduate and get your NCLEX-PN license, you can apply to the Nursing AS/LPN Advanced Standing Track program offered at Lake Superior College.
Lake Superior College’s Associate of Science Nursing Programs are approved by the MN Board of Nursing. The Associate of Science Nursing Program at Lake Superior College located in Duluth, MN is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
Most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate of Science Nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.
- Dental Hygiene Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 82 credits
- Massage Therapy Diploma - 37 credits
- Medical Assistant Diploma - 40 credits
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate - 24 credits
- Medical Laboratory Technician Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 67 credits
- Nursing Assistant (CNA) /Home Health Aide Certificate - 3 credits
- Phlebotomy Certificate - 9 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant – Military Bridge Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Practical Nursing (LPN) Diploma - 40 credits
- Professional Nursing (RN) or Advanced Standing LPN Track Associate of Science (AS) - 64 credits
- Radiologic Technology Associate of Science (AS) - 78 credits
- Respiratory Therapy Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 78 credits
- Surgical Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits