Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Respiratory therapists are health care specialists who work with people who have cardiopulmonary disorders. They work under the direction of a physician. They help evaluate, treat, manage, and rehabilitate these disorders. The respiratory therapy program at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN combines lecture and demonstration with practice and discussion. You’ll leave prepared to take the NBRC exams to earn your Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentials.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of treating respiratory problems
- Soft skills needed to work in a professional manner with a wide variety of patients and supervising physicians
- Clinical training in a variety of areas in one of our regional hospitals
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The respiratory therapist degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Respiratory care practitioner
- Clinic coordinator of respiratory therapy
- Director of cardiopulmonary services
- Certified respiratory therapist
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)