Diploma - 37 credits
Are you interested in a career in massage therapy? Would you like to make a positive impact in people’s lives? Graduates from the massage therapy program at Lake Superior College are well-versed in the art, science, and business of massage. Here at LSC, you’ll gain the skill to work in any setting, from clinical to spa, and will gain the knowledge to have a long and healthy career as an employee, independent contractor, or business owner. Massage is a powerful tool to assist in pain management, and to improve the quality of people’s lives in any setting, Enroll today to become a part of the rapidly growing profession of massage therapy.View Catalog or Request Info
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
Day Cohort: All classes are in person, between the hours of 9:00am and about 2:30 p.m. depending on the day. Courses start in the Fall Semester and students graduate the following May.
Night Cohort: Lecture classes are online, and hands on courses are either in person or hybrid depending on the nature of the course. In person courses are two to three days a week depending on the semester starting at 6:00 p.m., and eight Saturdays a semester from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. This track starts in Spring Semester, and students graduate the following December.
- This program may be completed in 1 year if prerequisites are complete.
- Each semester includes some on campus.
- Sit in on a class to find out if massage therapy is for you! Contact [email protected].
Skills and Knowledge
- 780 hours of instruction
- Learn therapeutic massage and its applications in basic stress reduction, as well as advanced techniques for pain management and recovery
- Learn specialties such as prenatal, sports, oncology massage and more
- Learn the effects of massage physiologically, and how we interact with all the systems of the body
- Create a plan for successful career development tailored to you, regardless of the path you intend to take
Lake Superior College massage therapy graduates are approved to take the board exam. The Lake Superior College massage program is also approved for credit by the Minnesota State University and College System.
- Dental Hygiene Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 82 credits
- Medical Assistant Diploma - 40 credits
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate - 24 credits
- Medical Laboratory Technician Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 67 credits
- Nursing Assistant (CNA) /Home Health Aide Certificate - 3 credits
- Phlebotomy Certificate - 9 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant – Military Bridge Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Practical Nursing Diploma - 40 credits
- Practical Nursing (LPN) Diploma - 40 credits
- Professional Nursing (RN) or Advanced Standing LPN Track Associate of Science (AS) - 64 credits
- Radiologic Technology Associate of Science (AS) - 78 credits
- Respiratory Therapy Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 78 credits
- Surgical Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits