Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Would you like to make a positive physical, emotional and energetic difference is people’s lives? Graduate from the massage therapy program at Lake Superior College. You’ll become well-versed in the art, science and business of massage. You’ll gain an appreciation of the influence massage has on people’s emotional and spiritual life as well as their physical being. Massage therapist graduates leave ready to take the National Massage Board Exam and enter the rapidly growing profession of massage therapy.View Catalog or Request Info
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
- Two semesters
- Each semester includes some on campus
- Sit in on a class to find out if massage therapy is for you! Contact Dave Burson.
Skills & Knowledge
- More than 600 hours of experience and hands-on practice
- Learn stress reduction, deep tissue, neuromuscular, lymphatic, somatic, sports, Swedish, geriatric, and manual soft tissue massage
- Learn musculoskeletal and lymphatic systems
- Learn how to adapt massage for pregnant women, older adults, babies, and athletes
- Create a business plan for a massage practice
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The massage therapy degree may be completed in 1 year if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Bodywork therapist
- Integrated deep tissue massage therapist
- Therapeutic massage technician
- Massage practitioner
- Massage therapist
Duluth Median Wage
Minnesota Median Wage
US Median Wage
Lake Superior College massage therapy graduates are approved to take the board exam. The Lake Superior College massage program is also approved for credit by the Minnesota State University and College System.