Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN offers a learning environment like no other in the nation! Our college has an outpatient physical therapy clinic on campus. As a physical therapy student, you’ll get hands-on experience by providing low-cost physical therapy services to members of the community under the supervision of faculty members. In addition, you’ll get clinical experiences off campus. This hands-on, real world approach to learning and the experience gained gives Lake Superior College physical therapist assistant graduates an advantage during the search for employment.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Learn how to minimize physical disability, movement dysfunction, and pain
- Implement a comprehensive treatment plan developed by a physical therapist
- Observe and assess the patient’s condition
- Teach exercises and activities of daily living
- Use specialized equipment
- Document patient treatment
- Observe the patient’s response to treatment
- Participate in discharge planning and follow-up care
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.
Program ResourcesAllied Health and Nursing Forms More PTA Program Information More Military Bridge PTA Program Information
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree (on-campus program).
Tuition & Fees
The physical therapy assistant degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
Duluth Median Wage
Minnesota Median Wage
US Median Wage
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Lake Superior College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call (218) 733-7632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.