Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Are you interested in working in a medical laboratory setting? How about performing tests that help diagnose and treat disease? If so, you may want to become a medical laboratory technician (MLT)! The medical laboratory technician program at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN provides the entry level knowledge and technical skills needed to work in a medical laboratory. MLT graduates leave the program prepared for the national certification exam.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Phlebotomy (drawing blood)
- Test specimens (blood, body fluids, tissues and cells) for abnormalities or diseases
- Analysis in hematology, microbiology, coagulation, urinalysis, clinical chemistry and transfusion service
- Internship with health care professionals – communicating test results and resolving diagnostic/testing inconsistencies
Are you already working as an MLT?
Final application date: June 1, 2017
LSC offers St. Cloud State’s MLT to MLS courses. Individual course plan is required. Contact Louise Millis at SCSU. Courses are taught by SCSU faculty through ITV on the LSC campus every Tuesday and Thursday.
Contact with questions:
Virginia Haynes, MLT Director
Louise Millis, MLS Program Director
(320) 308-5438 email@example.com
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree.
The MLT degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.