Physical Therapist Assistant – Military Bridge
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
Lake Superior College offers a 20-credit, fully online AAS degree completion program for military-trained therapy personnel. The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) AAS degree is a requirement for licensure or registration as a PTA in most U.S. states.
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
One of a kind: LSC’s Physical Therapist Assistant–Military Bridge program is recognized as the only online PTA degree-completion program in the nation for military-trained physical therapy personnel.
Lake Superior College is successfully removing barriers for military veterans. The Physical Therapist Assistant–Military Bridge program eliminates time and financial barriers for both veterans and taxpayers, who would otherwise pay both for the initial military training and for the re-training outside the military, through veterans’ federal education benefits.
Flexible scheduling: Participants are enrolled from all over the U.S and overseas, providing flexibility in setting their own schedules in studying and learning.
Plan Your Education
Updates have been made to admission requirements and/or pre-program course work for Fall of 2023. Please see an advisor for changes.
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
View approximate total tuition and fees for MN residents to complete this degree.Tuition and Fees
View pre-program requirements and other requirements for accepted studentsProgram Checklist
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Lake Superior College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: [email protected]; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call (218) 733-7632 or email [email protected].
Skills & Knowledge
The Physical Therapist Assistant–Military Bridge program provides an opportunity to become an educated health care provider who delivers physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist.
A PTA is able to observe and assess the patient’s condition, teach exercises and activities of daily living, use specialized equipment, demonstrate professional skills while implementing treatment procedures, observe and document the patient’s response to treatment. Physical therapy practitioners minimize physical disability, movement dysfunction, and pain.
If you are interested in helping our students learn and getting low-cost physical therapy: Sign up for our physical therapy clinic
- Dental Hygiene Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 82 credits
- Massage Therapy Diploma - 37 credits
- Medical Assistant Diploma - 40 credits
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate - 24 credits
- Medical Laboratory Technician Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 67 credits
- Nursing Assistant (CNA) /Home Health Aide Certificate - 3 credits
- Phlebotomy Certificate - 9 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Practical Nursing Diploma - 40 credits
- Practical Nursing (LPN) Diploma - 40 credits
- Professional Nursing (RN) or Advanced Standing LPN Track Associate of Science (AS) - 64 credits
- Radiologic Technology Associate of Science (AS) - 78 credits
- Respiratory Therapy Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 78 credits
- Surgical Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits