Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits
Surgical technologists work closely with the surgical team. It’s an intense role where the surgical technologist must be highly motivated and dedicated to the needs of the patient. To do well in this role you must be able to maintain a stable temperament under pressure. You have to work quickly and with great attention to detail. The surgical technologist works mainly in the “scrub” role. Their goal is to make conditions ideal for each operation. Through experience in the classroom as well as in the operating room, Lake Superior College surgical technology program graduates have an advantage during the search for employment.View Catalog or Request Info
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
View approximate total tuition and fees for MN residents to complete this degree.Tuition and Fees
This program may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Skills & Knowledge
- Operating room procedures
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
The surgical technology program is accredited by the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA); Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP).
- Dental Hygiene Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 82 credits
- Massage Therapy Diploma - 37 credits
- Medical Assistant Diploma - 40 credits
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate - 24 credits
- Medical Laboratory Technician Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 67 credits
- Nursing Assistant (CNA) /Home Health Aide Certificate - 3 credits
- Phlebotomy Certificate - 9 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Physical Therapist Assistant – Military Bridge Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 74 credits
- Practical Nursing Diploma - 40 credits
- Practical Nursing (LPN) Diploma - 40 credits
- Professional Nursing (RN) or Advanced Standing LPN Track Associate of Science (AS) - 64 credits
- Radiologic Technology Associate of Science (AS) - 78 credits
- Respiratory Therapy Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 78 credits