The Network Administration and Security certificate is designed to prepare participants with foundation level skills for a job in computer networking. Students are prepared for CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+), Microsoft MCP, and Cisco CCENT.
This 30-credit certificate seamlessly transfer to the Network Administration and Cybersecurity AAS and Diploma degrees.
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
- Lake Superior College is a designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). LSC is the only two-year community and technical college in the Minnesota to earn this designation.
- Training lab simulates work environments and specific cybersecurity challenges in industries such as healthcare, government, transportation, and more.
Skills & Knowledge
- Perform PC configurations and maintenance tasks, troubleshooting, and configuration for network services
- Manage Cisco router hardware and the Cisco Internet Operating System
- Analyze organizational networking needs, design, and implement Local Area and Wide Area Networks
Center for Cybersecurity
The LSC Center for Cybersecurity was established to provide a broad range of system security and information assurance services for local businesses and the community at large. The Center will provide students with real-world learning experiences in cybersecurity education through several business and government partnerships.
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The CCNA degree may be completed in 1 year if prerequisites are complete.