Network Administration and Security (CCNA)
Certificate - 30 credits
The Network Administration and Security certificate is designed to prepare participants with foundation level skills for a job in computer networking. Students are prepared for CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+), Microsoft MCP, and Cisco CCENT.
This 30-credit certificate seamlessly transfer to the Network Administration and Cybersecurity AAS and Diploma degrees.
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
Students completing this degree and related certificate(s) can apply for jobs as: Computer User Support, Systems Analyst, Network/Systems Administrator, Information Security Analysts, Network/Systems Support, and Computer Network Support Specialists. In addition, students can sit for the following industry certifications:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Security+
Visit cyberseek.org for information on cybersecurity employment growth across the country.
- Lake Superior College is a designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). LSC is the only two-year community and technical college in the Minnesota to earn this designation.
- Training lab simulates work environments and specific cybersecurity challenges in industries such as healthcare, government, transportation, and more.
- This program may be completed in 1 year if prerequisites are complete.
Skills & Knowledge
- Perform PC configurations and maintenance tasks, troubleshooting, and configuration for network services
- Manage Cisco router hardware and the Cisco Internet Operating System
- Analyze organizational networking needs, design, and implement Local Area and Wide Area Networks
Center for Cybersecurity
The LSC Center for Cybersecurity was established to provide a broad range of system security and information assurance services for local businesses and the community at large. The Center will provide students with real-world learning experiences in cybersecurity education through several business and government partnerships.
Computer Information Systems > Network Administration and Security
- Cyber Defense Certificate - 30 credits
- Cyber Security Certificate - 18 credits
- Network Administration and Cybersecurity Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 72 credits
- Network Administration and Cybersecurity Diploma - 58 credits
- PC Support Technician Certificate - 21 credits