Computer Information Systems (CIS) / Cyber Defense Certificate
This 30-credit certificate is designed to prepare students for a career in computer and networking security. The program will help prepare students for the following certifications: CompTIA Net+, CompTIA Security+ and EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH). This program also transfers into LSC’s Network Administration and Cybersecurity diploma and AAS degrees.View Catalog or Request Info
- Lake Superior College is a designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). LSC is the only two-year community and technical college in the Minnesota to earn this designation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Learn the OSI Reference Model
- Manage Cisco router hardware and the Cisco Internet Operating System
- Analyze organization network needs and implement networks
- Describe and identify common security threats and attacks
- Apply a common ethical hacking methodology for penetration tests
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
Center for Cybersecurity
The LSC Center for Cybersecurity was established to provide a broad range of system security and information assurance services for local businesses and the community at large. The Center will provide students with real-world learning experiences in cybersecurity education through several business and government partnerships.