Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
The Cyber Defense certificate is designed to prepare students for a career in computer networking and security. The program will help prepare students for the following certifications: CompTIA Net+, CompTIA Security+, Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) and EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH). This program also transfers into LSC’s Network Administration and Security diploma and AAS degrees.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Learn the OSI Reference Model
- Manage Cisco router hardware and the Cisco Internet Operating System
- Analyze organization network needs and implement networks
- Describe and identify common security threats and attacks
- Apply a common ethical hacking methodology for penetration tests
Center for Cybersecurity
The LSC Center for Cybersecurity was established to provide a broad range of system security and information assurance services for local businesses and the community at large. The Center will provide students with real-world learning experiences in cybersecurity education through several business and government partnerships.
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The Cyber Defense certificate may be completed in 1 year if pre-program requirements are met.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Internet network specialist
- Network applications specialist
- Network services information technology specialist
- Network and threat support specialist