Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Do you want to get CompTIA, Cisco CCENT, Microsoft MCP, or EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certified? If you do, start by getting your network administrator and cybersecurity associate in applied science degree at Lake Superior College. Graduates leave with the skills and knowledge needed to get certified. As a student, you’ll learn how to provide technical support for computer networks in business environments. You’ll learn server and network engineer skills, hardware support skills and security essentials.
Skills & Knowledge
- Open system interconnection (OSI) model
- Networking: Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Hardware installation, software configuration and management for computers, networks, routers
- Design, configure, implement and secure based on organizational needs analysis for computers, networks, routers
- Dynamical host configuration protocol (DHCP), domain name system (DNS), network shares and printing, remote access, user accounts and groups, desktop and network security
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
Center for Cybersecurity
The LSC Center for Cybersecurity was established to provide a broad range of system security and information assurance services for local businesses and the community at large. The Center will provide students with real-world learning experiences in cybersecurity education through several business and government partnerships.LSC Center for Cybersecurity CIS Department
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree.
The network engineer degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Network engineer
- Systems administrator
- IT manager
- LAN administrator
- Network manager