Computer Information Systems (CIS) / Network Administrator Diploma
Do you want to get CompTIA, Cisco CCENT, Microsoft MCP, or EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certified? If you do, start by getting your network administrator and cybersecurity diploma at Lake Superior College. Graduates leave with the skills and knowledge needed to get certified. As a student, you’ll learn how to provide technical support for computer networks in business environments. You’ll learn server and network administrator skills, hardware support skills and security essentials. The Network Administration and Cybersecurity degree combines both networking and systems administration fundamentals, with a focus on defensive strategies to securing systems.
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
- Lake Superior College is a designated a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). LSC is the only two-year community and technical college in the Minnesota to earn this designation.
- Training lab simulates work environments and specific cybersecurity challenges in industries such as healthcare, government, transportation, and more.
Skills & Knowledge
- Open system interconnection (OSI) model
- Networking: Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Hardware installation and software configuration and management for Computers, Networks, Routers
- Design, configure, implement and secure based on organizational needs analysis for Computers, Networks, Routers
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.
Center for Cybersecurity
The LSC Center for Cybersecurity was established to provide a broad range of system security and information assurance services for local businesses and the community at large. The Center will provide students with real-world learning experiences in cybersecurity education through several business and government partnerships.
Students completing this degree and related certificate(s) can apply for jobs as: Computer User Support, Systems Analyst, Network/Systems Administrator, Information Security Analysts, Network/Systems Support, and Computer Network Support Specialists. In addition, students can sit for the following industry certifications:
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Security+
Visit cyberseek.org for information on cybersecurity employment growth across the country.