Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
As a child, did you ever imagine making something appear out of thin air? Something amazing! A toy you really wanted? Your own convertible, perhaps? Learn 3D printing, rapid prototyping and design and make your dreams a reality! The rapid prototyping and design certificate at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN is a great way to enter an exciting and emerging field. Design, manufacture and test 3D models of ideas or parts. 3D printing and other rapid prototyping methods are much faster and more flexible than traditional manufacturing methods.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Learn how to create prototypes of existing mechanical components
- Analyze, inspect, measure and test an existing mechanical component
- Produce computer-aided drawing and assembly
- Select proper prototype process
- Create prototype of product using prototyping equipment including 3D printers
- Make changes in models to achieve a working product
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
Potential Career Opportunities
- CAD operator
- CAD/CAM specialist
- Auto design detailer
- Design layout drafter
- CAD designer