CNC Programmer – Machine Technology
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 71 credits
The Lake Superior College machine tool lab in Duluth, MN offers students some of the nation’s most advanced CNC (computerized numerical control) equipment. All kinds of things are made with CNC technology – especially high tech equipment like: medical supplies, computers, airplanes. Our CNC machine programmer AAS degree is designed to prepare you to get a job as a CNC Machinist, CNC Programmer or CNC technician.View Catalog or Request Info
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
View approximate total tuition and fees for MN residents to complete this degree.Tuition and Fees
This program may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Skills & Knowledge
- Write basic CAD (computer-aided design) / CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) programs to operate CNC metal working machines
- Inspection and statistical process control
- Do math calculations to solve shop problems
- Interpret basic drawings and blueprints
- Build basic machine parts and tools
- Automated Machining (CNC) Certificate - 16 credits
- CNC Programmer – Machine Technology Diploma - 64 credits
- Engineering Technology Associate of Science (AS) - 60 credits
- Machine Production Technologist Diploma - 34 credits
- Manual Machinist Certificate - 30 credits
- Production Technologies (16 credit) Certificate - 16 credits
- Production Technologist (8 credit) Certificate - 8 credits
- Rapid Prototyping and Design Certificate - 14 credits