Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
The Lake Superior College machine tool lab in Duluth, MN offers students some of the nation’s most advanced CNC (computerized numerical control) equipment. All kinds of things are made with CNC technology – especially high tech equipment like: medical supplies, computers, airplanes. Our CNC machine programmer AAS degree is designed to prepare you to get a job as a CNC Machinist, CNC Programmer or CNC technician.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Write basic CAD (computer-aided design) / CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) programs to operate CNC metal working machines
- Inspection and statistical process control
- Do math calculations to solve shop problems
- Interpret basic drawings and blueprints
- Build basic machine parts and tools
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The CNC degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Manufacturing engineer
- CNC programmer
- Process engineer
- Welding engineer
- Software engineer