The Lake Superior College machine tool lab in Duluth, MN offers students some of the nation’s most advanced CNC (computerized numerical control) equipment. All kinds of things are made with CNC technology – especially high tech equipment like: medical supplies, computers, airplanes. Our CNC machine programmer AAS degree is designed to prepare you to get a job as a CNC Machinist, CNC Programmer or CNC technician.View Catalog or Request Info
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
Skills & Knowledge
- Write basic CAD (computer-aided design) / CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) programs to operate CNC metal working machines
- Inspection and statistical process control
- Do math calculations to solve shop problems
- Interpret basic drawings and blueprints
- Build basic machine parts and tools
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree.
The CNC degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.