Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
The welding technologist diploma is designed to provide you an intermediate career pathway in manufacturing. It will prepare you for employment as an entry to intermediate level welding or fabrication technologist. In the program, you will develop skills used in the welding industry. This program covers GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, SMAW, and OXY/Fuel welding process.
This degree is part of the Minnesota Advanced Manufacturing Partnership – MnAMP.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- GMAW (gas metal arc welding)
- GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding)
- FCAW (flux cored arc welding)
- SMAW (shielded metal arc welding)
- Welding print reading & interpreting symbols
Potential Career Opportunities
- Production worker
- Arc welding machine operator
- Auto welder