Diploma - 65 credits
Welding can land you a niche job like underwater welding or can be used in the day-to-day as a mechanic. It’s a solid skill to have in your toolbox when starting your job search. The welding diploma at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN will help you gain the information and skills used in the welding industry. Here at Lake Superior College, we believe the best way to learn is by doing. There will be lots of hands-on lab work to help you develop your welding skills. Welding graduates leave prepared for the welding certification exam.
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
View approximate total tuition and fees for MN residents to complete this degree.Tuition and Fees
This program may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.Program Report
Skills & Knowledge
- TIG welding (tungsten inert gas welding)
- MIG welding (metal inert gas welding)
- FCAW (flux cored arc welding)
- Welding equipment
- Blueprints reading
- Weld transfers
- Selection of metals based upon weldability
Integrated Manufacturing > Welding
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Production (GTAW) Certificate - 18 credits
- Welding Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits
- Welding Certificate - 24 credits
- Welding Technologist Diploma - 32 credits
- Welding Technology Certificate - 30 credits