Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
The advanced welding technologist AAS degree is designed to provide an advanced career pathway in manufacturing, specific to the field of welding technology. It will prepare you for employment at an intermediate to advanced welding or fabrication technologist. In the program, you will develop skills used in the welding industry. This program covers GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, SMAW, and OXY/Fuel welding process.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrate proper welder use and safety
- Welding print reading & interpreting symbols
- Demonstrate various weld transfers
- Demonstrate fabrication layout
- GMAW (gas metal arc welding)
- GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding)
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree.
The advanced welding technologist degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Production worker
- Maintenance welder
- Auto welder