The welding AAS degree is designed to provide an advanced career pathway in manufacturing, specific to the field of welding technology. It will prepare you for employment at an intermediate to advanced welding or fabrication technologist. In the program, you will develop skills used in the welding industry. This program covers GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, SMAW, and OXY/Fuel welding process.View Catalog or Request Info
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrate proper welder use and safety
- Welding print reading & interpreting symbols
- Demonstrate various weld transfers
- Demonstrate fabrication layout
- GMAW (gas metal arc welding)
- GTAW (gas tungsten arc welding)
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree.
The welding AAS degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.