Certificate - 24 credits
Fast-track your fire fighter license at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN! When you enroll in the LSC fire fighter certificate, you’ll learn the basic skills and knowledge you’ll need to get your fire fighter license in Minnesota. This certificate is intended for non-traditional students or those with a college degree. And it’s a great program for those interested in volunteering as fire fighters.
Visit the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development, and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) to gather valuable career information such as wage reports, career outlook, job prospects, industry trends, and career opportunities. These tools are available to help empower students to make informed decisions about their educational and professional paths.
Below you will find the Career Field and Career Cluster that this program is related to. Learn more about if this career area fits your interests!
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
View approximate total tuition and fees for MN residents to complete this degree.Tuition and Fees
This program may be completed in 1 year if prerequisites are complete.
If you love what you learn in the fire fighter certificate program, continue your studies. Apply your credits to the Fire Technology AAS at Lake Superior College.
Skills & Knowledge
- Professional and leadership skills
- Use the Incident Command System
- Create a safe working environment
- Career and promotional opportunities
- Workplace communication
- Creating the future of fire service
Fire and EMT > Fire and EMT
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate - 9 credits
- Fire Medic Certificate - 20 credits
- Fire Science and Administration Associate of Science (AS) - 60 credits
- Fire Technology Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - 60 credits
- Wildland Firefighting Certificate - 16 credits