Successful completion of the full NATO testing (written and skills tests) enables students to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) as required by the Minnesota Department of Health and will be posted on the state registry.
*Please Note: This is a test and not a full CNA course. CNA courses can be found on the Course Search Page in the Subject dropdown box under “Nursing Assistant.”
Examples of Candidate Eligibility:
- If you are trained in another country
- If you have not taken a nursing assistant training program
- If you have not worked as a nursing assistant in the last two years
- If you are from another state and do not qualify for reciprocity in Minnesota or are not in current status on transferring Registry
- If you are a student nurse or graduate nurse candidate
Day of test:
- Test takes place in Room E2316. Please be prompt.
- Wear loose clothing, such as scrubs. Also wear a sleeveless top, such as a tank top, underneath the upper apparel.
- If you don’t have an application from your instructor (MN only), there will be applications available at the test site for you to fill out.
- Minnesota Board of Nursing testing procedure requires TWO forms of ID (both current and signed) and one must be a photo ID.
- Examples: Driver’s License, Student ID, Social Security Card, Credit Card, etc. You must report your Social Security Number on test day. Candidates without proper identification will not be able to take the test.
Dates and Cost
Dates: Spring 2017 Schedule
Last day to register: 2 days prior to test.
- Price of Full Test: $205
- Price of Skills Retest: $110
- Price of Written Retest: $100
Employer pay must accompany the registration or be pre-authorized through the Student Payment Office
Re-Tests are also offered. Whether you are re-testing for the full test or one part (written or skills), you must specify when you register. On re-test day, bring your previous test results from Pearson Vue to show the testing staff.