The medical office specialist diploma at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN is designed to prepare you to be a medical administrative assistant. As a medical administrative assistant, you’ll need to be familiar with a multitude of hospital, clinic, and lab procedures; and understand medical laws and ethics. We’ll provide you the most current and comprehensive training.View Catalog or Request Info
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
Skills & Knowledge
- Transcribe dictation and prepare correspondence, records, and charts
- Prepare insurance forms and billings
- Learn how to spell, pronounce and define medical terms
- Learn how to use drug reference books
- Medical office tasks such as insurance, coding, banking, telephone techniques, billing, and scheduling of appointments
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The medical office specialist diploma may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.