Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
The medical office specialist diploma at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN is designed to prepare you to be a medical administrative assistant. As a medical administrative assistant, you’ll need to be familiar with a multitude of hospital, clinic, and lab procedures; and understand medical laws and ethics. We’ll provide you the most current and comprehensive training.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Transcribe dictation and prepare correspondence, records, and charts
- Prepare insurance forms and billings
- Learn how to spell, pronounce and define medical terms
- Learn how to use drug reference books
- Medical office tasks such as insurance, coding, banking, telephone techniques, billing, and scheduling of appointments
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The medical office specialist diploma may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Patient relations representative
- Patient coordinator
- Unit support representative
- Office manager
- Health unit coordinator