Health Unit Coordinators (HUC’s) work at the nursing station in many health care facilities and are at the center of communications on the nursing unit. It is integral for HUC’s to adhere to a high degree of ethics and maintain patient confidentiality at all times. This course provides instruction that enables performance as an entry level HUC in a hospital, extended care facility; or as other positions such as Patient Services, Assistants, Surgery Schedulers, Registration Interviewers, or Patient Care Coordinators.
- Apply for and receive NET Study background clearance
- Current physical exam signed by physician
- Current & complete immunization records signed by provider (including Mantoux)
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- This is a college-level course requiring 10th grade reading and writing skills