Health Unit Coordinators (HUC’s) work at the nursing station in many health care facilities and are at the center of communications on the nursing unit. It is integral for HUC’s to adhere to a high degree of ethics and maintain patient confidentiality at all times. This course provides instruction that enables performance as an entry level HUC in a hospital, extended care facility; or as other positions such as Patient Services, Assistants, Surgery Schedulers, Registration Interviewers, or Patient Care Coordinators.
- Current physical exam signed by physician
- Current & complete immunization records signed by provider (including Mantoux)
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- 10th grade reading and writing skills
- Apply for and be approved by the State of Minnesota Background Study and the National Background Study. More Information: http://blogs.lsc.edu/alliedhealthnursing/
Statement regarding Background Study approval or disapproval: If a student is disqualified from having direct patient contact as a result of any background study/check, and this disqualification is not set aside or expunged, he/she will not be permitted to participate in direct patient care in their program of study resulting in failure to progress in their program of study. It is the student’s responsibility to pursue the set-aside and/or expungement of any background study/check disqualification NOT the program director, Lake Superior College and/or clinical partners. Any costs incurred will be the responsibility of the student.
Dates and Cost
Dates: Feb. 5 – May 14
Cost: $1,184 – tuition & book