This course meets the requirements in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards. Topics include HAZWOPER regulations, safety and health plans, hazardous chemicals, safety hazards, air monitoring, medical surveillance, site control, decontamination, personal protective equipment, respiratory equipment and hands-on fire extinguisher operation.
Hazwoper Learning Outcomes:
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Use Site Characterization to identify hazards found in the workplace and steps to be taken to minimize hazards
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE for a situation
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and decontamination methods
- Have a better understanding of potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
- Fulfill annual Hands-on Fire Extinguisher Training requirement
Please contact us to learn about our training options.