Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Skills & Knowledge
- Use electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, signal generator)
- Read and understand circuit schematics
- Circuit analysis
- Troubleshoot and repair circuits
- Install and configure PC hardware components, e.g. memory, hard drives, modems, and network cards
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The electrical wiring degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Electronic mechanic
- Electronic technician
- Body wirer
- Controller repairer and tester
Duluth Median Wage
Minnesota Median Wage
US Median Wage
After you get your diploma you can get your electrical license. Your license can significantly increase your wages. You can get your license after you complete a 4 year apprenticeship. Commercial and residential wiring diplomas eliminate 1 year of apprenticeship requirements in Minnesota. Many graduates begin their career by working 3 years as construction electrician apprentices. Once the apprenticeship is complete, they apply for a license and become a Journeyman Electricians.