Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
Have you ever thought it would be cool to control big industrial machines with computers and electronics? Would you like to operate the heart of plant that produces power, petrochemicals, paper pulp, taconite or textiles? Enroll in the electronic engineering technology – industrial controls AAS degree at Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN. Get a solid foundation in electronic theory and electrical engineering principles. Then take it a step further to prepare for a career as an electronic/electrical technician.View Catalog or Request Info
Skills & Knowledge
- Read and understand circuit schematics
- Circuit analysis
- Troubleshoot and repair circuits
- Use electronic test equipment (oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, signal generator)
- Install, program, and troubleshoot programmable controllers (PLCs)
- Install, troubleshoot, and configure AC and DC motors
- Install and configure PC hardware components, e.g. memory, hard drives, modems, and network cards
- Cabling using appropriate standards and media
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The electrical engineering degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Hydro maintenance technician
- Industrial electrician
- Control technician
- Electronic mechanic
- Electronic repairman