Want to become a dental hygienist? Apply to the Lake Superior College dental hygiene program in Duluth, MN! Get hands-on experience working with patients in our on-site clinic. Learn the specific skills you’ll need to work in the practice of dental hygiene. You’ll graduate with a thorough understanding of dental hygiene practices. You’ll leave ready to be licensed. Take the Dental Hygiene National Board Examination and the Central Regional Clinical Examination to get your license.View Catalog or Request Info
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
Skills & Knowledge
- Job-shadow experience
- Basic sciences
- Skills needed to provide preventive dental hygiene services
- Knowledge of current comprehensive dental hygiene services
- Treat patients in a caring and professional manner
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree.
The dental hygienist degree may be completed in 2 years if prerequisites are complete.
Students have the opportunity to pursue advanced degrees after graduation through articulation agreements with other colleges and universities.
Want to learn more?
Contact Student Services at (218) 733-7601 or (800) 432-2884 ext. 7601 or contact Kjersta Watt, Program Director, at (218) 733-5988 or [email protected].
If you are interested in helping our students learn and getting low-cost dental hygiene services: Sign up for a dental hygiene clinic
- American Dental Association National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Policy Statement
- Central Regional Dental Testing Services, Inc.
- Program Competencies and Supporting Competencies
- Program Outcomes, Philosophy, and Mission
- Policy on Third Party Comments
- Next Steps for Accepted Students
The program for dental hygiene is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (and has been granted the accreditation status of “approval without reporting requirements”). The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation may be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.