Source: MN DEED website as of November 2016. Figures shown are median hourly wages rounded down to the nearest whole number.
The Network Administration and Security certificate is designed to prepare participants with foundation level skills for a job in computer networking. Students are prepared for CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+), Microsoft MCP, and Cisco CCENT.
This 30-credit certificate seamlessly transfer to the Network Administration and Cybersecurity AAS and Diploma degrees.
Skills & Knowledge
- Perform PC configurations and maintenance tasks, troubleshooting, and configuration for network services
- Manage Cisco router hardware and the Cisco Internet Operating System
- Analyze organizational networking needs, design, and implement Local Area and Wide Area Networks
- LSC is a designated National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Training lab simulates work environments and specific cybersecurity challenges in industries such as healthcare, government, transportation, and more.
Plan Your Education
The Program Guide is a tool to help you map out how to successfully get your degree at Lake Superior College.Program Guide
Center for Cybersecurity
The LSC Center for Cybersecurity was established to provide a broad range of system security and information assurance services for local businesses and the community at large. The Center will provide students with real-world learning experiences in cybersecurity education through several business and government partnerships.
Approximate total tuition & fees for MN residents to complete this degree. Starting Fall 2018, LSC will charge the same rates regardless of a student’s state of residence. Non-Minnesota residents will pay the same tuition rates as Minnesota residents.
The CCNA degree may be completed in 1 year if prerequisites are complete.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Network engineer
- Systems administrator
- IT manager
- LAN administrator
- Network manager