The Biology Transfer Pathway AS offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Science degree whose course credits will directly transfer to designated Biology bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The entire curriculum has been carefully designed to guarantee junior-year status to students who have been admitted to one of the seven Minnesota State universities. There, students can complete their bachelor’s degree by earning 60 additional credits. Students planning to transfer outside of the Minnesota State system are advised to consult with their intended transfer institution to determine transferability of the courses in this curriculum.
Universities within the Minnesota State system include Bemidji State University; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; Minnesota State University, Moorhead; Southwest State University; St. Cloud State University; and Winona State University.Request Info
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
A student completing Lake Superior College’s Biology Transfer Pathway AS and transferring into a designated bachelor’s program in biology at a Minnesota State university will have junior standing and may complete the bachelor’s degree within an additional 60 credits. You will be able to transfer to the following designated majors at these Minnesota State universities:
- Bemidji State University: Biology, BA, BS
- Metropolitan State University: Biology, BA
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Biology, BS
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Biology, BA
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Biology, BA
- St. Cloud State University: Life Sciences, BES
- Winona State University: Biology – Allied Health, B.S. Biology – Cell and Molecular, BS Biology – Ecology, BS Biology – Environmental Science, BS
To graduate and be guaranteed admission to a Minnesota State university’s designated program you must earn an overall grade point average as indicated by the university to which you will transfer.