The Art Transfer Pathway AFA offers students a powerful option: the opportunity to complete an Associate of Fine Arts degree with course credits that directly transfer to designated art bachelor’s degree programs at Minnesota State universities. The curriculum has been specifically designed so that students completing this pathway degree and transferring to one of the seven Minnesota State universities enter the university with junior-year status. All courses in the Transfer Pathway associate of fine arts degree will directly transfer and apply to the designated bachelor’s degree programs in a related field.
Universities within the Minnesota State system include Bemidji State University; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; Minnesota State University, Moorhead; Southwest State University; St. Cloud State University; and Winona State University.Request Info
SuperStrong® Career & Interest Assessment
Upon graduation, students will be able to:
- Create, perceive, and respond to art utilizing a critical foundation of art knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate advanced techniques of personal expression and the ability to think more critically and creatively.
- Address concrete and abstract ideas with creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a balanced exposure of art which includes studio courses in 2-D and 3-D mediums.
- Demonstrate an understanding of art in a historical context.
- Demonstrate a critical foundation of knowledge that broadens the individuals’ definition of art.
A student completing Lake Superior College’s Art Transfer Pathway A.F.A. and transferring into a designated bachelor’s program in art at a Minnesota State university will have junior standing and may complete the bachelor’s degree within an additional 60 credits. You will be able to transfer to the following designated majors at Minnesota State universities:
- Metropolitan State University: Studio Arts, B.A.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato: Art, B.A.; Art B.F.A.
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead: Art, B.A.
- Southwest Minnesota State University: Art: Studio Emphasis, B.A.
- St. Cloud State University: Art, B.F.A.; Art (A.F.A. Completer), B.F.A.